Maisha Film Lab Vacancy for Program Coordinator
Job DescriptionDownload this Job Description as PDF document (right-click → save as)
Position: Program Coordinator
- Duty Station: Kampala Uganda
- Contract position: 3-month probation period, upon confirmation 2 years
- Remuneration: Negotiable
Overall ResponsibilitiesThe Program Coordinator will be responsible for the researching and writing Public Relations/Communications material for Maisha oversee the general administration of the office and logistics of each Lab. The Program Coordinator reports to the Program Director based in Kampala, Uganda
- Researching, writing and submitting on Foundation Proposals, working in conjunction the Program Director in Uganda.
- Public Relations/ Communications: this includes but not limited to press releases to ensure that Maisha is in the press and Lab are announced, ensure we develop our website so that it becomes more of a resource tool for filmmakers and that it is kept updated, ensure our newsletter come out at least ones a ¼ basis, if we can increase this, that would be best. Public Relations including having events in each of the 4 countries we work in to inform the general film community and donors of the work we do.
- Ensure we have a strong presence on social media
- Networking with the Maisha Alumnus and Mentors and filmmaking community. For the Maisha Alumnus ensure we have updated information as to what they are doing.
- Planning and organizing the different aspects of the labs including but not limited to developing all the communication for the Labs, and sending it out the participants and mentors.
- Supporting the program director on issues of Government advocacy for Arts and Culture in East Africa, working with Film Commissions and relevant bodies, Corporate Governance and Transparency for Maisha itself
- General Administration including but not limited to IT database, equipment, filing, responding to emails.
- Work with the Program Director as required to ensure that the Programs are going well
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations and Communications
- Strong proposal /foundation writing experience – essential
- Proven logistics / event management experience
- Working experience at a Film Festival added advantage
- Working as a Producer for films added advantage
- Experience in management and general administration skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Have experience in developing and tracking budgets
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Projects
- 3 years experience in working with NGOs at middle level management
- General comfort with the filmmaking process
- Familiarity with filmmaking equipment
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent representation skills
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible, open minded and creative in thinking