Maisha Documentary Labs – Uganda
Call for applications
- When: 19th to 29th November 2014
- Where: Kampala, Uganda
- Application Deadline: 30th June 2014
Annual Documentary Lab for Screenwriters and Directors Only
Annual Documentary Technical Lab for Sound Recordists, Editors and Cinematographers Only
Please submit the application requirements detailed below via email to: email@example.com
If you need to send samples of work, find our physical address here.
Your application for the Annual Maisha Documentary Lab will only be processed if you meet the following criteria:-
- You need to fill out the application form correctly and in full.
- Cover letter introducing yourself, letting us knows about the work you’ve done in documentary film, your interest in directing, cinematography or editing (or all the above), and why you want to attend the lab. No more than 3 pages.
- You must be a citizen of Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania or Uganda and residing in one of the four countries.
- You must also be least 18 years of age by July 1st 2014.
- As confirmation of citizenship attach a copy of your Passport or another ID indicating citizenship.
- Resume/CV, including name, address, email, and telephone, no more than 3 pages.
- 3- 5 page essay about your story – who is the main character?
- A 200-word treatment for a documentary short. The subject for the documentary should be articulated as a “Short
Documentary Portrait.” Portrait can be defined liberally and can include anything from an exploration of a person, a place or an event.
Selection of Participants
- Participants will be selected at the sole discretion of the Maisha Selection Committee.
- Applicants selected for participation will be informed via email by JULY 31ST 2014.
- The list of selected participants will be published on our website.
- There is no legal claim to participate in the Maisha Film Lab.
- Only Applicants that are SHORT LISTED will be contacted (via email).
- You must be fluent in both, written and spoken English.
- The lab will be conducted in English.
However please note if chosen your treatment can be filmed in any language of your choose
- All participants are responsible for their own travel costs to Uganda.
- All participants are responsible for any visa or vaccination costs associated with traveling to Uganda.
- The cost covered by Maisha Film Lab will include accommodation, food, and transport during the lab and the cost of producing the short films.