- When – Saturday 9th to 16th June, 2014
- Where – Zanzibar at Zanzibar International Film Festival
- Application Deadline – Saturday May 3, 2014
Please submit the application requirements detailed below via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to send samples of work, find our physical address here.
Your application for 5th Annual Zanzibar Screenwriters Lab will only be processed if you meet the following criteria:-
- You need to fill out the application form correctly and in full.
- You must be a citizen of Tanzania.
- As confirmation of citizenship attach a copy of your Passport or another ID indicating citizenship.
- You must also be least 18 years of age by July 1st 2014.
- You must submit a 7 to 10 page short screenplay that has a beginning, middle and end and therefore cannot be an extract from feature film.
- You must submit a one page synopsis of your screenplay.
Selection of Participants
- Participants will be selected at the sole discretion of the Maisha Selection Committee.
- Applicants selected for participation will be informed via email by May 30th 2014 at the latest.
- The list of selected participants will be published on our website. There is no legal claim to participate in the Maisha Film Lab.
- Submitted screenplays cannot be previously made films.
- Strictly one project per applicant.
- Materials submitted will NOT be returned.
- Only Applicants that are SHORT LISTED will be contacted (via email).
- You must be fluent in both, written and spoken English.
*The lab will be conducted in English.
However please note if chosen your script can be filmed in any language of your choose
The $ 2000 Dollar Grant For The Best Script.
At the end of the lab a $ 2000 dollar grant will be award to the best script the following are the terms and conditions for the grant:-
- The Script needs to be completed – And signed off by the allocated Post Lab Mentor.
- The Scriptwriter then needs to develop and submit a storyboard as well a production budget and a Production schedule.
- Only after these items are approved by the Maisha team will the screenwriter get the $ 2000 dollar production grant to produce this film.
- The Winner will then be required to sign a contract.
- The project will need to be completed within 3 months of getting the grant money.
Important Information – Attendance
- The Maisha screenwriter’s lab offers many privileges to all participants including a team of dedicated internationally renowned filmmakers. In return we expect your cooperation, daily and timely attendance of all the workshops. Please note: Maisha reserves the right to remove participants from the training lab who abuse their participation, who are repeatedly absent, or who make false statements.
- This lab is a full time lab and you will be required to give your total dedication for the full 8 day period without exception , failure to do so will result in you being disqualified and removed from further participation
- Location – To be confirmed